P0717 code definition The PCM (powertrain control module) will set the P0717 code when it detects no signal from the input/turbine speed sensor.
What causes a P0717 code?
Code P0717 is triggered when the transmission’s Input Speed Sensor isn’t providing a signal. This is a critical problem because with out this signal, the Transmission Contorl Module or TCM can’t properly shift the vehicle from gear to gear as the vehicle needs to change speed and rates of acceleration.
Where is the turbine speed sensor located?
Zitat von Youtube: They all go inside the unit on the center support itself the center support sits right here in the middle of the transmission.
How do I fix code P0716?
What repairs can fix the P0716 code?
- Replacing a failed input speed sensor.
- Replacing a failed output speed sensor.
- Rebuilding a damaged transmission (indicated by finings and contamination in the transmission fluid)
- Repairing or replacing damaged wiring.
- Repairing corroded connections.
- Replacing failed circuitry.
What is turbine speed sensor?
A turbine speed sensor, also termed an input speed sensor, is used for measuring the performance of the turbine by evaluating transmission performance and other components of the turbine. It also detects the rotation speed of the turbine, which shows the input revolution of the transaxle.
How do I fix code P0717?
What repairs can fix the P0717 code?
- Replacing the valve body.
- Replacing the input/turbine speed sensor.
- Replacing one or more shift solenoids.
- Replacing or repairing damaged, shorted, or open wiring or circuits.
- Replacing the engine coolant temperature sensor.
- Draining, flushing, and replacing the transmission fluid.
How much is a transmission sensor?
The average cost for transmission position sensor replacement is between $251 and $301. Labor costs are estimated between $138 and $174 while parts are priced between $113 and $128. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your specific vehicle or unique location.
How do you fix a speed sensor?
Zitat von Youtube: Well just pull this all on the way wiggle it and get off. And there's a sensor hiding down inside the engine right there I've unplugged the plug on the top of it.
How much does it cost to replace a transmission speed sensor?
The average cost for vehicle speed sensor replacement is between $256 and $301. Labor costs are estimated between $107 and $135 while parts are priced between $149 and $166. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your specific vehicle or unique location. Related repairs may also be needed.